Sunday 18 November 2012

5 Best Moisturizers For Oily Skin In Winters

Wintertime can be hard on the skin. Cold weather, wind, and dry indoor air can suck moisture from your skin. Add in the use of drying acne fighting products and medications, and you have a recipe for uncomfortable dryness, flaking, and peeling.

I had a reader’s query about this issue .So here I am doing a post as per my experience coz I also have oily skin & I have to change my skin care regime during winters.

1. Change Your Cleanser
While it may have been a great choice during the summer months, your cleanser may not be working for you now that the cold weather has set in. If you feel tight and dry after cleansing, you probably need to switch to a milder cleanser.
Cleansers containing salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide can be particularly drying, especially if you are using them in conjunction with other acne treatment products. Instead, try using a gentle foaming cleanser or bar, such as Dove or Neutrogena. You can always go back to an acne-fighting cleanser once the weather warms and your skin doesn't feel as dry.
2. Don't Be Afraid to Moisturize
Regular use of a moisturizer is important, even for those with acne. Remember, nearly all acne treatment products dry the skin to some extent. To avoid flaking and peeling skin, moisturizer is a must even if you have oily skin like me.
Here I am suggesting 5 moisturizers for oily skin that I have tried & they never broke me out & reviewed by me (click on the link to read review)
My recent love Rustic Art Aloe Vera Gel
be beautiful with punam

The Body shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade lotion (it’s a night lotion & very helpful for oily skin)
be beautiful with punam

Almond oil(this oil is a all-rounder ,I have used it as a moisturizer when I ended up with my conventional moisturizer & it helped me without breaking me out, right now I am using it as my under eye cream)
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Lotion & Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cream(I have tried both of them, but I always prefer to use the products specifically made for my skin type .So I think Neutrogena fine fairness lotion is great for oily to combination skin in all seasons)
be beautiful with punam
Olay white radiance protective lotion (I have not used it for long but in one week it never broke me out & moisturized my skin very well)
be beautiful with punam

 For moisturizing your skin you don't have to slather on a thick, greasy product. Instead, choose a moisturizing gel or lotion. They are lighter than products labeled moisturizing cream.


2 comments:

  1. I want to try the rustic art products.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @neisha : they are great, they are really good. i a trying it shampoo,soon share my experience

      Delete