|image source: google images|
Last weekend I had a reader’s query, who was troubled by some bumps & itchy skin after waxing. Just like me she also has very sensitive skin & due to all these problems she rarely goes for waxing, here are some precautions that can keep away all these problems:
1. Always prefer good cleaned & hygienic parlors, don’t ever use reusable cloth strips for waxing. I never wipe with any cloth I always prefer to wipe skin with tissues.
2. Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyper pigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun or solarium. Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
3. If your skin is very sensitive, avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
4. Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofas for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin & hurt bumps that used to come after waxing. You can try mild exfoliation after 24 hours, which can be helpful to remove dead skin so your hair can get above the surface of the pores & not become ingrown. Even you can exfoliate your skin for few days before waxing to make your skin soft ,this will also make waxing procedure easy & reduce chances of ingrown hair.(this one worked for me in upper lips waxing)
5. Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
6. Moisturize with a tee tree or lavender lotion or Aloe Vera gels after every time you get waxed, this has a soothing healing, & antibacterial effect. Its good as ingrown solution, use this alone until the ingrown and redness is minimized. You can also dab some green tea on your skin.
7. Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation. I always used to get afraid of the pain & bumps after waxing but gradually it’s reduced as my skin is habitual of this.
8. Don’t go for waxing during your periods.
Many beauty salons apply an after wax lotion to reduce the discomfort and pain. Make sure that the lotion does not contain mineral oils as they clog skin pores, which in turn results in acne breakouts. If possible, take a grape seed oil to apply on the skin after waxing to provide comfort to you.
Rubbing ice cube is something we all know. But don’t apply ice cube directly on the skin put it in a cloth or plastic bag. I always used to get acne after eye brow threading & waxing but ice cubes (make cubes of rose water) & rustic art Aloe Vera gel helped me to reduce redness & acne after threading, I think it can work for waxing as well.
Have you tried this? Then please share your experience.
Keep smiling & be beautiful with me J